Monday, September 28, 2009

Wendy and the Lost boys.

Last night was the monthly Feast at my home. It is something my sons started. Even though they have moved out they still want to hold it here because of tradition. So they all show up with food to pass and enjoy a meal together.

A new young man came this time and when he heard my name he made the comment in the title. I have been chewing on it ever since. Because I really see this as a ministry. This truly is a bunch of lost boys! I have yet to feel as if I am having much of an impact but am praying the Lord will open doors. I am now just continuing to build relationships. I have had a few good conversations with one of them over IM.

The new guy had a potty mouth that would not quit! He also thought he could have a beer. He was 17!! I am not a fan of drinking but will not stop an of age person from drinking a beer with dinner. But I told him he could not drink because he was under age. Despite that he said he would be back next month. So if he shows I will work on the usage of offensive language in my home.

I pray that the Lord gives me a vision of how to love them with His love and show them His grace. I keep thinking about how in the Peter Pan story Wendy "mothered" them. It is a stretch for me as I have a hard time being bold. But it seems as if this is my call at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful outreach ministry for you. Yes, it does take a big heart and lots of forgiveness. Love goes a long way and must be first - otherwise, why would they want to change any thing? God bless and guide you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, sure miss your blog. Hope you are doing okay.

    Would also like to wish you a very Happy New Year. May God be close to you this year.

    ReplyDelete

/