Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Barn



I wish I could convey how much joy my barn gives me. I loved it when we first bought the place 17 yrs ago. It was just a bonus then. Sadly it is starting to really show its age and I do not know how many more years it has. I would love to fix it but there is just no way we could afford such a thing. So I will enjoy it as long as I can. I always feel sad when I see one falling down, and someday it will be mine.

When my children were young and driving me nuts I would go out there and watch my few chickens. Looking around at the beauty of this structure that men built before modern equipment. I would just feel such peace and calm. Then I could go in and be a good mommy again.


Now my children are all grown and the barn is home to many animals. I think it fills something in me to care for them. I have several barn cats, not on purpose though. Three adult goats and three kids. One sheep who is driving me nuts! and several chickens. I really want to get a cow or a pig but need to work on hubby about that one. A couple days ago he heard the neighbors cow and thought it was coming from the barn, he was not happy! But he will come around.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, I love all the pictures. I am glad to have found your blog. :o)

    (Jen from Conniesgroup. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old barns. We have one in our yard that is about to be toast!! The whole roof is caved in. Looks pretty much like a tornado hit it. Hmm, maybe that's what happened!!

    ReplyDelete

/